Specialty Services and Programs
Specialized therapy focused on healing
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation – Outpatient Therapy offers specialized services and programs based on a patient’s condition or diagnosis. These services are provided by clinical team members who have a passion for specific treatments and received specialized training. We offer evidence-based programs and services to help you heal and reach your individual goals.
Our team of physical and occupational therapists will partner with you to develop a care plan geared to your specific diagnosis and overall goals. Your plan may include one of our many specialized services:
- Aquatic therapy — the natural buoyancy of water provides a safe environment without the risk of fall or stress on your muscles and joints
- Advanced Techniques and Treatment Services — treatment using advanced clinical practice and technology to help patients heal
- Bone health — treatment to help reduce osteoarthritis pain, decrease swelling and improve physical activity
- Cupping — specialized cupping techniques to reduce pain and increase blood flow
- Dry needling — treatment that can relieve muscle tightness and spasms that commonly occur after an injury
- Fall prevention — management and therapeutic measures to limit the likelihood of a fall
- Headache Relief — treatment and strategies to minimize pain and improve function
- Instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization — for pain relief and increased movement
- Lymphedema treatment — helps to reduce swelling caused by cancer treatment, chronic venous insufficiency, or genetic predisposition
- Personalized blood flow restriction — a form of rehabilitation that helps increase strength with low intensity exercise, putting less stress on your joints
- Recovery and Reconditioning — treatment for acute or chronic health conditions, like emphysema, asthma and cardiovascular disease
- Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction (TMD) — treatment to improve jaw movement
- Vestibular and vision rehabilitation — for dizziness, balance and other inner-ear disorders
- Women's and men's health therapy services — therapy services that target the mind, body and spirit, including treatment for pelvic floor conditions
Why choose Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation – Outpatient Therapy?
Every patient responds differently to treatment. Our team identifies the right therapist and care plan for your diagnosis and overall goals.
If you or your therapist feel you need adjustments to your therapy during care, we will discuss these changes with you at any point. We are committed partners in your healing journey. Our dedicated therapists listen to your goals, communicate progress and offer ongoing educational information to ensure we provide effective treatment that meets your needs. Our mission is to help you achieve the best outcome and get you back to life.
Take the next step. No prescription needed.